Petition to Seal Records


A criminal record can be the greatest impediment to housing, employment opportunities, school admission, and scholarship prospects, especially for juveniles. In a fiercely competitive world, often the fastest and easiest way for a decision-maker to exclude a candidate is based on whether and to what extent they have a criminal history. In Colorado, an adult may be able to petition the court to seal their criminal record if their case was dismissed, or after an acquittal, and may be able to seal a conviction under limited circumstances. If you were convicted of a crime as a juvenile, you may be able to expunge the conviction as soon as you have successful completed your sentence.

JLongtin Law will determine if you are eligible to file a petition, and will work with you to seal or expunge your criminal record.